Qualifications‎ > ‎

Building Regulations (Part P)

  • EAL 500/4385/7 level 2 Certificate for Domestic Electrical installers. 
    • Trained in building regulations, specifically "Part P" (for electrical installations). Any work undertaken will be tested, verified and certified as per British Standards 7671 and notified to local building control as per building regulations where required.
    • Test equipment is regularly calibrated and certified.

Part P - What it Means

Part P of the Building Regulations came into force in January 2005 to ensure that all electrical work carried out within a dwelling - a home or garden - is carried out by a qualified registered electrician and your local authority building control is notified of this work. This notification is particularly important when moving house because the compliance certificate is required by the buyer's solicitor to show that any electrical work carried out at the house on behalf of the vendor or seller is safe. In other words, failure to comply could have an effect on the future sale of the home and the onus is on the home owner to ensure the work has been notified.